This club has been running since 1919 and is set beside the picturesque Memorial Park.
Location: Our courts are located in Pah St behind Memorial Hall and Public Library, Motueka.
Courts: 4 astro turf courts, 2 of them floodlit. $8.00 (4, $2 coins) gate entry for non-members.
Facilities: Club members clubhouse with tea making facilities, toilets and showers. Playground for children.
Members: 40 Senior members, and 28 Junior Members.
Coaching: Club Coach – Ashleigh Calder
- Social Tennis Tuesday and Thursday mornings starting at 9am(summer), 9.30am (winter).
- Social tennis Saturdays starting at 1pm all year round.
- Social competitive tennis on Wednesday evenings in summer starting at 6pm.
- Interclub teams – various evenings during the summer.
- New members welcome to come along at any time.
Motueka Tennis Club and Club coach Ashleigh Calder run a Have A Go Day once a year which invites all of the local Motueka Schools (Parklands, Motueka South, Riwaka, St Peter Chanel and Brooklyn) to come and give Tennis a go.
All of the above Motueka schools take part in a Tennis in Schools programme with Ash throughout the year at school. If children enjoy the Tennis taster this then links them into joining Ashleigh’s coaching programme that she runs at the Club after school on a Friday.
If you have any enquiries about the Motueka Tennis Club please feel free to contact Ash at anytime.